Sunday, August 30, 2009

filtering and tuna

We're back in internet range-yeah. The cruise has been pretty good-crew dynamics haven't been great but have been good enough to get the job done. The weather was bad for about half of the cruise and the launch pad proved the better of me a few times. On the other hand isn't puking over the side required at some point in a sailor's life? A friend on the boat gave me some bonamine (can't buy it in the US and it's difficult to find in Van) which made me better in less than an hour. Since then I haven't had to take any more and I haven't puked over the sides any more. yeah drugs. Once I got over the seasickness, I could sleep most of the time. I did find that waking up airborn at the crest of a big wave is more frightening than waking up being slammed into the wall (a la the Feb. cruise). Less painful, but much more disorienting.


Because of the bad weather we skipped some stations on the way out and are picking them up now. The first of our large volume casts is in the water and by lunch tomorrow we should be done with the big filtering for this cruise.


the water calls-I shall return

No comments:

Post a Comment