Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home again, Home again, jiggety jog

I'm loving being back on dry land, but it's very strange because everything still feels like it's moving. My brain had to rewire to adjust to the ship's movement (sea legs). Once I had my sea legs, I could "see" the motion of the ship even when I was in rooms where there actually weren't any visual clues that there was movement. It's really difficult to explain how that felt. But now my brain is trying to unwire and it's equally disconcerting.
We got back to the dock yesterday just before lunch. I haven't talked about the food have I? It was generally good-sometimes very good. Although I have to say I'm fairly tired of grilled fish.
Thairo is still waiting for projects to start so isn't in the field yet (yeah). He came over with a couple of people from the lab to help us move all our stuff off the ship and back to school. I gave him a quick tour of the boat, the main lab (where I spent most of my time filtering water) was empty and some of the benches had already been removed by the time that he got there but at least he saw in general what I was talking about. All in all I'm looking forward to the May/June cruise and I'm glad that it's a few months away rather than next week.
I'm still finishing up the edits to my diss (must finish today) but after I get that done I'll play with pictures and put some up.

No comments:

Post a Comment