Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trooper and filtering

With only fear and good judgement

Holding us back

We sailed out on the Northern Sea

With a boat load of crazy people



I have no idea what that song means. It goes on to talk about a sardine boat and a shotgun-neither are very Canadian subjects. But I have to say that it's one of my favorite Trooper songs and the beginning fits this trip really well.



Today was better than the last 2 (or has it been 3 or 4??) days. The first 2 stations we worked for 22.5 and 22 hours respectively with 12 hours off to sleep in between. Today has been much better with the other post doc not taking any samples at all and actually being able to help me with my sampling. I'm hoping to be done filtering by morning which will make today only an 18 hour day. We're bringing a 3rd person on the Aug cruise because I refuse to do this again. I know I said the same thing after the Feb cruise and I did seriously trim the sampling scheme but not enough for it to be a 2 person job. hence another person, to guarantee 8 hours off each day or I'm finding a union rep and doing what ever it is you do with a union rep.





The first mate shouted from the crow's nest

I think I might see land out there

But nobody moved

From where they were laying

Cause nobody really cared

No comments:

Post a Comment