Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More baby prep

I didn't sleep much last night, either because I have a cold or I have a cold now cause I didn't sleep well last night and pregnancy has knocked my immune system to non-existent. Anyway, I skipped work to sleep alot today. But now I'm feeling the urge to actually accomplish something for the day. So I'm boiling diapers. Apparently this is a way to prep cloth diapers that doesn't involve 8-10 trips through the washer and dryer. Considering that part of the reason we're doing cloth diapers is to lessen the kidlet's environmental impact, I thought that anything I can do to reduce the number of loads of laundry he generates is good.

We'll see how well this works. I'm using our huge canning or feed an army stockpot which fits a dozen prefolds. I found instructions on the internet, which of course must be true cause someone posted it, that suggests between 15-45 minutes of boiling. I'm going with somewhere around 30minutes. Once I get them all boiled I'll run them through at least 2 hot washes and drys. I'm not sure how I'll know if they are fully prepped...

No comments:

Post a Comment