Sunday, June 20, 2010

long weekend

We both took Friday off to drive out to see Thairo's mom. It was a good trip but fairly fast. Yesterday we went down to the little lake that Thairo used to fish in when he was growing up. No fishing but watched a family of osprey fish and fly around for at least half an hour.

I had this grand plan where we'd drive through Canada to get out there, then drop down into WA on the way home. I'd drop Thairo off at his field site then come home. The drive through WA and Canada is pretty much the same time because the interstate is so much faster than the roads through the mountains. It was a great plan. Undone by the fact that I forgot my passport. so poor Thairo is having to finish up the long day driving 4 more hours to get down to his field site.

On the plus side cherries are ripe in the Okanagan so I have a nice big bag of cherries to munch on for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment