Saturday, March 27, 2010

writing (sort of) and the things I do to avoid writing

I'm still working on my big paper from my phd. I think that I finally have a story that I like but it requires that I go back into some older papers in big-thing ecology that I may or may not have read in general classes. Hopefully I can find enough of those papers online, I sure wouldn't want to have to go to the library.
So in between serious thinking time, we've done some more working in the garden. Today we put new copper mesh up around the boxes to try to keep slugs out of the veggies-it seemed to work last year but got pretty beat up by the end of the year. Thairo weeded the herb garden and planted more rosemary, savory, chives, and margoram. I can't believe that the parsley and chervil overwintered. The tarragon has come back from its roots. And as expected, the thyme, oregano, and sage overwintered fine. We're going to wait a few more weeks to plant basil and cilantro. The tomatoes have mostly sprouted including the variety that I saved seeds for last year, I wasn't sure that I did it correctly but apparently it's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment